New Northwest High School
Joy Bowen-Eyre, Trustee Wards 1 and 2 and Chris Meaden, Principal
Hawkwood School (CBE Public)
- Our ongoing supporter Steve Walsh at Hawkwood Auto 403-239-4411
- Linda Janzen at The Medicine Shoppe “The Pharmacy that’s all about your Health”, 403-547-1600
- Jake Goldthorpe State Farm Insurance and Financial Services.RESP’s. RRSP’s, RRIF’s, and Insurance. 403-262-3276,
- Hawkwood Dental Dr Roger is accepting new patients and families welcome! 403-241-0500,
- Hawkwood Cleaners,
- Sudsy’s Carwash,
- Hawkwood Husky,
- Kirby Cox of Royal LePage Realty,
- Montana’s Restaurant Beacon Hill
Our continuous thanks to Sudsy’s Carwash here in Hawkwood.
Sudsy’s is kindly donating all their bottle recycling to Hawkwood School.
Hawkwood School Link
Varsity Acres School French Immersion
Varsity Acres School is a French Immersion School located in the community of Varsity. Our school is the designated French Immersion school for 16 communities in Northwest Calgary. If you live in Bowness, Montgomery, Tuscany, Valley Ridge, Crestmount, Silver Springs, Scenic Acres, Arbour Lake, Ranchlands, Hawkwood, Citadel, Hamptons, Varsity, University of Calgary, Sherwood and Nolan Hill we are your designated French Immersion school.
The French Immersion program at Varsity Acres School is an early immersion program; students begin the program either in kindergarten or grade 1. Students enrolled in early immersion programs receive 100% of their instruction in French beginning in kindergarten through to the end of grade 2. Formal English language instruction is introduced in grade 3. All core subjects, including math, science and social studies are taught in French.
For further information about our school and our program, please join us for our kindergarten/grade 1 information meeting on Thursday January 17th at 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium. Children are welcome and babysitting is available. We look forward to seeing you!